RE: 92 dak 318 dead in driveway -- help!

From: will (k_kodiak2@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 21:49:56 EST

Thanks once again to you all who provided info. I will
cut off 02 sensor harness and remove. I purchased 02
with 18" harness. Also, I discovered that when I put
truck on some rhino 8" lifts I could reach sensor with
wrench. Now, dealer told me it is 7/8 wrench. But I
sense a bit of slop on that. didn't want to round off
sensor corners!The 22mm 02 sensor socket that Autozone
gave me seemd a better fit. So i have to buy a new
22mm wrench.

Also, put new battery in. Still same problem. won't
rev above 1800 rpm without cutting out and stalling.
Engine sounds very weak. I noticed that when manually
opening throttle, I could hear this deep-throated moan
coming from inside air intake as throttle body flaps
opened up. And more what appears to be kinda dry sooty
splatter being thrown out the tailpipe.

I think there's something wrong with engine. I put it
in gear to go up ramp and it stalled. Finally got it
up there. But took several tries. Maybe fuel starved?

I don't believe that bad 02 sensor would cause this.

will