Re: Re: Loose Rocker = loss of oil?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 22:02:28 EST

well, the only reason I even suspect the rockers were too lose (I seriously
doubt they're too tight, I only did 1/2 turn on most of them, or just a tad
past 1/2 turn after zero lash, cause when I did 'em the first time at 3/4
turn, it was too tight) is because after the engine warms up, I get a little
bit of vibration from the engine throughout the truck. When the engine is
cold, it's nice and smooth. Now, I don't see performance lost due to this.
I know my sparkplugs are pretty foul, so I'm changing them first chance I
get, got the plugs, just haven't had time to let the engine cool and do
them. Anothing thing that I'm a little worried about, but don't think it's
causing a problem (yet).. With the larger Mopar Valve Covers, my JBA wires
(9mm) on the passenger side for cylinders 6 & 8 are very tight and are
pushing up against the valve cover, which means they're getting pretty hot..
I would believe that would eat 'em up after awhile. I was going to try to
tie-wrap them away from the cover tonight, but then realized they were too
tight... hmmmmmm

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L