RE: Good Week!

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 11:03:16 EST

Gabe, congratulations for getting on the track and seeing what your Dak can
do. I'm sure you had fun. Your launch procedure and reaction times will
come around with experience and experimentation. In case you aren't aware,
your reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with your ET or speed. It
is measured separately and is merely an indication of how quickly you
reacted to the activation of the tree. It's important when actually
competing against someone but not when you just want to see how quick you
can run. There's some good information here
http://www.nhra.com/basics/basics.html It appears they left out an
explanation of the reaction time clock but trust me, the explanation I gave
you is accurate. :-) One thing that will improve your reaction time is to
always launch your truck the instant the last large amber bulb illuminates.
If you wait to see green, you will be late.

Keep us posted on your progress.

RayB