Re: Re: Loose Rocker = loss of oil?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 00:14:33 EST

First off - for those that are strongly against street racing, press delete
and move on :-)

Ok, so got the rockers adjusted and went out for a test drive... Was
shifting early of course due to the PCM learning, but after about 10 miles,
it started shifting better.. Felt pretty good, no more vibrating while
idling once it's warm. So, I'm going from a stoplight in a 55mph zone, and
as I come up on the next stoplight, there's a Mustang LX 5.0 (think It was
an LX) sitting there and he goes when the light goes green, I'm still about
200 ft behind him. Anyway, I catch up to him and doing about 50 while he's
still accellerating pretty good. As soon as I pull up almost next to him
and he had gotten up to my speed (i'm about 1/2 car length behind), I hit it
and he goes to. Well, from 50 to 90, neither of us gained and I finally
broke it off since coming up on another light. Seeing before I would
typically fall behind at 45 to an LX, and even further at 60, I thought it
felt pretty good. Computer still hasn't fully learned yet, so I might get a
bit better performance out of it yet... Oh yeah, headers to be installed
still, maybe in the morning if I got time to take it in.....

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L