Re: Re: RE: Porting stock heads (Ray Block)

From: ScSilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 06:50:28 EST

Actually the larger valves are not much of benefit in street driving
regaurdless what cam is used.
Typically larger valves are needed with a larger displacement engine or "IF"
the engine is able to rev to a much higher RPM range.....
say in the 7k-9k RPM will the larger valves be of a benefit.
If your operating in the normal RPM power band........6,500 or less stick
with the stock size valves.

I just got my ported V6 heads........the port work is
OUTSTANDING!!.......and I'm only
running the stock 1.92/1.62 sizes in Stainless steel replacements!.....added
the Magnum R/T
springs, retainers, and locks though.

Ron-
'01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged