390 Stroker done WAHOOOOO!!!

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 18:34:21 EST

DAMN!

 This truck gets sideways on demand now! After a few additional glitches I
finally have the 390 stroker on the road. This thing is way fast. I cant wait
to get it on a dyno and to the track (once I get the 8 3/4 rear in). I had to
grind down the upper control arm a bit to fit the R/T wheels in front but it
only took an hour or so.The only glitch left is that the block sits about
1/-1/2 inch to low, I think thats because the motor was from a gen 3 truck,
I'll have to figure out a way of raising the motor mounts a little (any
suggestions? ) the only effect of the lower seating is that the fan
occasionally hits the bottom of the shroud (very lightly) and the header
seems to lightly contact the steering shaft once in a great while. Here are
the final specs on the truck.

95 cc 2wd
hughes 390 stroker kit 9.55:1 compression, diamond forged pistons, eagle
I-beam rods, FM bearings
Progear DR timing chain
Hughes 2228 cam
Hughes Aluminum roller rockers 1.6:1
Hughes stage 2 R/T heads
High volume oil pump
Motor assembly Blueprinted and balanced, as well as some mods for extra
clearance in the block and baffle (not absolutly neccesary but I figured I
may as well)
Mopar Perf M1 2bbl intake
Hughes stage 2 TB (will soon replace with stage 2 billet from Hughes)
FMS 24# injectors
DT headers
Gibson exhaust (3" pipe no cat)
K&N X-stream 13x3 filter (open but soon to have dual inlet custom ram air
from air inlet systems)
R/T 17" rims with 295/40 in rear and 255/40 in front
Auburn LSD with 4.10 gears and Superior axles
March Perf Aluminum underdrive pulley set (including power steering pulley
option)
APS engineering transmission Blueprinted Transmission with all the options
listed
Racing Clutch & Koline Steel Upgrade
Drive Gear for my tire and rear gear combo
Bracket Fighter 2400 stall Converter (UHD Stator option)
Optional Extra Heavy Duty 5-Pinion OD planetary Set (Thats what the 47RE has
for the High Torque Turbo Diesel)