RE: Rental Car Surprise

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 02:03:51 EST

wanna see anemic??? get behind the wheel of a V10 Ford E350 Van. i drove
one of those for a week, and let's just say that i was so disappointed with
the lack of power of that thing (out of a V10) that i complained about it
when i returned it to the rental agency. when i went to rent another van
the following year, i asked if we were going to get another V10, and she
told me they don't rent them anymore because people complained that the
power was lacking for the milage it got.

another lackluster ford engine is the 300HP Intech V8 in the Lincoln
Navigators. for a 6000lbs truck with a 300HP engine, i expected something
more, but i'll chalk it up to bad gearing (3.73's), and a lack of torque.

Then again, in my opinion, they make up for it with the new Cobra (and the
Mach 1).

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0