Re: Wheel Bearing Install??

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 09:25:10 EST

Jared,
I'm not sure if your 97 is the same as my 2000, but I just replaced my RF
bearing. It was fairly straightforward. You'll need a new bearing (p/n
52009528AE for mine) and a new axle nut (sorry, don't have the p/n), then
just pull the wheel, remove the caliper and slide the rotor off (it's not
pressed into the bearing) and undo the axle nut. Slide the whole thing off
the spindle and throw it away. Slide the new one on there and secure it
USING A NEW AXLE NUT (mine was stamped "do not reuse") to the hub. Torque
the nut to 195 ft/lbs and reassemble the rest of your stuff. done.
Hopefully your 97 will be the same as my 2000 and this will have helped you.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Jared Buckley"" <j.buckley@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:b5u1k5$9fa$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Hi, > > I have not been to the DML for a while as I have gotten a new mopar toy. > Anyway, I am needing some advice on wheel bearing replacement ASAP. I have > a 97 base model with the 2.5 4 cyl. Obviously a 2wd, with the smaller > brakes. I have a wheel bearing going out on the left front. I hope to be > able to get it swapped out this weekend. Here are my questions: > > 1. What size is the axle nut? > 2. Is the rotor pressed onto the hub? > 3. What else needs to be done other than to take off the axle nut and swap > in a new hub/bearing assy? > > I plan to put on new rotors and pads while I have it in the air. > > Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. > > Jared > > 97 Dak > 92 Daytona IROC > >