Re: RE: Re: RE: 42RE Tranny pan

From: ScSilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 21:49:38 EST

The earlier A500 / 518 models were a hydraulic type, while the newer models
are computer controlled electronic versions.

The A500 pan bolted up to the 42RE case
with no problem......BUT.....

we did encounter one problem, the bolts supplied for the spacer to lower the
filter to the proper position were the wrong thread per inch and were a
little short as well.........so a quick run to the parts store got us the
proper
bolts......

I needed longer pan bolts too.....I anticipated
that and had those on hand.

The kit did supply a really nice gasket that made the pan install itself
super easy.

Ron-
Co-owner: muscletrucks.net
website: http://www.muscletrucks.net