Re: Maryland R/T and EMMSIONS!?

From: Doug Myers (doug.myers2@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 08:40:20 EST

Hi TJ,

        They actually hooked up my truck to the treadmill and took a tailpipe
reading. As far as I know, they do that to all cars, at least in PG
County. Except for 1982 or earlier, they just get a tailpipe test, no
treadmill. My truck passed the sniffer no problem.... I was worried, too.
        They may have changed it since I was there last, its been a year or
more at least. If they only hook up the scanner now, that would be
SWEET! :-) I've never liked the idea of having to let one of the "techs"
drive my truck, either.
        The only time I raced the truck with the 360 was at Cecil, but it's a
good 1-1/2 hours away from me, so I'm not there often.
        Shoot me an email at "doug.myers2@verizon.net" and we'll work something
out on the block. I've got some other parts you may be interested in, too.

Doug Myers
1999 Dakota 360/5-speed/3.92SG
Best 1/4 mile - 14.3@98mph