Re: Re: Dodge, Daytona, Iroc, Shelby

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 18:12:42 EST

""Kyle Vanditmars"" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message
news:b64mc8$ij5$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Gary, the Daytonas with the Mitsubishi 3.0L V6 were likely the oil-burning
> shitboxes you are talking about. The 3.0L begins to burn oil (can't
> remember the cause, but I don't think it's rings, valve seals or
somethin')
> when you start to get some higher milage on 'em... ALL of them do it. If
> you come across an older Chrysler minivan w/ a V6, I'd be willing to bet
it
> smokes blue out the tailpipe.
>
> If you look on http://www.allpar.com/mopar/3fix.html there's some of the
> common things that go bad.

Kyle, the valve guides were pressed in on the wrong side of the heads on the
3.0L, that's why they smoke. There was actually a recall for it, but as we
can all see, not too many people had it done. My neighbor has a 92 voyager
that doesn't smoke at all even after 200K miles, he had the recall done.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L