RE: Re: Dodge, Daytona, Iroc, Shelby

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 18:17:17 EST

I'm with you Ron. There wasn't much in the way of Mopar performance cars
back in the 80's but the best they had was the turbo 2.2's. I ordered an
'86 Chrysler Laser XT, turbo, 5-speed and drove it for 14 years and 143,000
miles. With the MP computer and a Dynomax muffler it ran 15.30's while
pulling down 30+ mpg in highway driving. It could hold it's own with
Mustang GT's of the day and completely destroyed anything even remotely
comparable from Japan at the time. I sold it to a good friend of mine in
2000 and he now has over 180,000 miles on it. The engine has never been
apart and it still has the original turbo. To this day it has never used
over a 1/2 quart of oil in 3000 miles and still gets the same gas mileage.
My friend used to race a 14.00 second GLH turbo and now races an 11.20, 383
powered Duster. Losers?? I don't think so!!

RayB
1968 Dodge Dart - no engine yet
1992 Dakota Sport - 5.2L - 13.74 @ 99.88
2000 Grand Cherokee 4x4 - 4.7L - 15.58 @ 85.02