Re: Patrick's reply to Dodge,Daytona,Shelby/Iroc thread

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 19:17:36 EST

Whoah! I guess my previous statements need some clarifications here. It
seems my statements have been grossly distorted.

I said that I thought these cars tend to promote the loser mentality, NOT
that all owners of these cars are losers. The last thing I want to do is
create an erroneous stereotype here. When I say "promote the loser
mentality" I mean that these cars (in my mind) tend to give off a bad image.
You would too if every weekend you saw these cars being pulled over every
weekend, with the cops finding a few kilos in the trunk. I would have no
problem agreeing that probably 9 times out of 10, logical thought and
deductive reasoning separate the owners from the image.

I have no physical or scientific evidence backing my statement. I can't
even hire a actor to play a doctor to say this and you'll lose 40 pounds in
2 weeks, without having a guilty conscious. It is just a gut feeling based
on years of observations and hours of deep philosophical thought.

But let me give credit where it's due. I've seen these cars put up some
good E/T's. I sincerely think if it weren't for these early turbos, we
would not have the turbo technology that we have today. I want to say the
Grand Nationals was probably the first to set the turbo precedence, and in a
race to catch up with them, manufactures implemented the technology on "less
than perfect" foundations, easily justifying the "oil burning $hitbox"
associations.

To all those who have been offended by my posts, please accept my apologies.

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net