Game Plan for This Season

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 15:55:20 EST

OK guys, let me know weather this makes sense or not....

My best ET last time was a 17.3, I'm shooting for a 16.9 this season.

I've installed my shift kit over the winter, putting my 1-2 and 2-3 shift
points at 4700rpm. I think this is good??

My game plan is to make a tire change from a 215/75/15 to a 235/60/15,
taking 1.5 inches off the overall tire height and effectively giving me a
3:77 rear end ratio, compared to the 3:55 with the 215/75/15's.

Another change I'm making is losing some weight. Last season I weighed in
at 3700lbs w/o driver. This was with the tonneau, spare tire, and tailgate.
If I remove these items I'm hoping to get to the 3500lb range.

I installed my Accell 300+ system (actually Chad Evans did and I helped) but
I'm still not convinced its doing anything.

When I plugged these numbers into some ET calculators, I got an estimated ET
of 16.2. I know there's no way in hell that's happening, so I'm just hoping
I can get something in the high 16.9 rage.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions??

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs