Re: Game Plan for This Season

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 17:05:12 EST

""Gary Hedlin"" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message
news:b67md0$pv8$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Another change I'm making is losing some weight. Last season I weighed in
> at 3700lbs w/o driver. This was with the tonneau, spare tire, and
tailgate.
> If I remove these items I'm hoping to get to the 3500lb range.

Make sure that when you remove the tonneau and tailgate you aren't
*increasing* your drag (a flat tonneau/no tailgate will result in less drag
than no tonneau/no tailgate) by more than the weight you removed. If you've
got a soft tonneau, it should weigh 20 lbs or less - will you increase drag
by 20 pounds by removing the tonneau?