RE: Re: RE: How to make some "REAL" power?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 16:22:07 EST

Well Greg, I really have to take issue with your 14x3 recommendation. I
have one, and have tried it at the track on numerous occasions during the
evolution of my Dak. Each time it slowed me by a tenth of a second and one
mph. If it doesn't help a high revving 318 it's sure not going to help a
low revving V6. Just ask Brett Forehand (318) who wrote a short time ago
how he gained 2 mpg on the highway by removing his 14x3 and going back to
the stock air cleaner and hose.

Also, when moving, the engine compartment is being flooded with air through
the radiator....which is Hot! Using my scanner, my IAT sensor records the
temp when I leave the starting line and during the course of a run down the
track to 100mph it will only drop a few degrees. And this is with it
located in the air inlet tube!

Yes the 14x3 looks and sounds good. You have to decide what your goal is.
Better performance or looks and sound.

RayB