Re: Snow plow on DAK

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 17:05:02 EST

I smushed yer two posts into one and mixed it up a bit Adam, made it
easier for me to reply to it heh.

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Look at Arctic snow plows. There's another major plow manufacturer
>just can't remember it's name.... Anyway, you "think" you'll just do
>yourdriveway with your plow at the
> moment, but then you'll see some nice neighbours that are struggling
> to clear their driveways, and they want to give you 20 bucks "just
> this once" to get them out...

heheh Yup - I got flagged down all the time... lady comes up to me "can
you clear the alley behind my house co I can get out of my garage I'll
give you $20 for it"

Another time this 2wd S-10 pulls me over as I am on my way back from a
job - spins this real elaborate lie - - something about a charity
function - I ended up plowing the sidewalk and driveways of a factory...
I got paid for it - but then they wanted to buy my truck LOL I said hell
no!

> And i will re-iterate what others have said about the extra
> wear-and-tear on your truck from plowing. Plowing snow is really brutal
> on your truck, especially when you are tired, you will make bad
> decisions, push too much snow, bounce over a curb, etc., etc...

Yes that sure is a factor - you won't want to bang up your brand new
baby Dakota plowing thats for sure. I took out my drivers side mirror -
put a dent in the door. That incident where the guys in th S-10 were
spinning tales... is where I backed at a good speed - right into a lamp
post and took out my bumper and tail gate. Only the Hitch stopped the
bed from being ruined.

> Soon, you'll be working all night long, missing sleep, and calling in
> sick a few days at your day job, it's all down-hill from there. Such
> is life as a snow plow driver, not that i have any experience in
> this.... hehe

Naaaa Mista Blasta would NEVER go NEAR a snow plow now would he? heheh

> Just a few things for you to keep in mind before you become one of the
> few, the proud, the overly tired snow plow drivers of N. America. :)

Ahh the north american snow plow driver - the unsung hero of the modern
world.....

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/