Re: RE: 92 Dak v-8 belly pan gasket and cata -- advice needed please!

From: will (k_kodiak2@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 16:05:27 EST

Thank you, Jon, for your expertise. I probably will
check the timing gear and chain. But what exactly is a
"harmonic balancer". This that a pulley?

Also, I read my Dakota service manual (such as it is,
see my other post under air intake gasket), and it
says to use a "cold tank" with aluminum engine parts.
The hot tank can cause corrosion. I'm not really sure
what either of those things are...some sort of sink
with different chemicals, I guess.

Will Hansen in the sticks...