RE: Header gasket sealer

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 07:40:01 EST

Hi Mike,
How have you been doing?

Hey, to cure your gasket problem, get a set of Mr. Gasket #5949's. This is
an excellent gasket set that has a bonding agent that activates with heat.
You'll only need to tighten them about twice, then you can forget about
them. They work great.

You might want to check the trueness of the header flanges. If the flange
is off more than .002"-.003" you should have them resurfaced.

Drop me a line sometime. Show season is coming!
Later,
Rich - Ashburn, VA