RE: Throttle Valve Cable adjusting

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 21:24:37 EST

Gosh Ken, don't you read anything I post? ;-) I posted that under "how to
make some REAL power" on 3/30. Here it is again... adjust the throttle
valve (TV) cable per the FSM. What you want to achieve is at WOT, the
kickdown lever on the side of the transmission is at full travel rearward.
Have someone move and hold the throttle wide open (with the engine OFF)
while you observe the movement of the kick-down lever on the side of the
trans (from underneath). Then see if the lever can move any farther
rearward. If it can, then you need to adjust the cable more at the throttle
body till you achieve that.

RayB