Re: #24 FMS Injectors

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@cox.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 01:01:19 EST

The SAFC I have has a high and low throttle setting, and you set the curves
per throttle percentage, say, your low is set at 0 and high is at 60% and
your curve is -10% at 3000RPMs, low throttle, and +30% at high throttle.
You happen to be at 30% throttle, its correction factor will be +10%, it is
not a set % per RPM or throttle, it will caculate the % needed as per your
tuning curves... not a sudden change...
http://members.cox.net/coolva1/safc.mpg

I have it on the neon to just play around w/ it while the truck is gettin
worked on.... the video is shakey, but if you look at the bottom reading,
that is the correction %...

I understand what you are saying, but I think w/ the SAFC you'll get it
pretty darn close... 8 points of adjustment, from 1000PMS+ (under 1000 will
give you correction for what the 1000 is set at)

I mainly got it for using bigger injectors and a big cam.... (I'm sure you
know the darn MAP sensors suck when its time for a cam and idleing)
Tim Berry - Chesapeake, VA
97 Dakota CC 360 Auto 4300lbs
best ET to date: 13.03@103.76
355.8RWHP 395.2RWTQ
99 Neon R/T Daily Driver
> Part of the problem there is the internal maps in the PCM are 16 cells
wide
> as opposed to the 8 in that aftermarket box, so you don't get a clean
> overlay. The PCM will switch values twice for each ajustment point on the
> SAFC, so it will always be a compromise.
>
> Most of the stand alone controllers like the F.A.S.T., Accel,
Electromotive
> also work on 16 cell wide tables(32 in some of the latest stuff). At 8
cells
> this box is a bit too primitive, IMO.
>
> The factory maps are also not linear, another curve ball in the picture.
If