Re: #24 FMS Injectors

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:40:34 EST

Bob,

Put that into an excel spreadsheet...it's a bit hard to read in text...but I
understand what you're trying to do. Am I the "expert" (as you claim) on
the APEXi boxes? By no means...but i'll give you some phone numbers of the
tuning "experts" if you want them (heck, APEXi is in Orange, CA...call them
if you want).

The shop we're going to has been using the APEXi boxes on SD and MAF
vehicles for quite some time now (several years) and have proven it at the
track as well on various vehicles. Are they the "best shop" out there in
all the land...no. Thinking that would be silly as every shop specializes
in different ways of "tuning" a vehicle.

NO BOX out there will be 100% accurate in tuning examples as each vehicle is
different as are the modifications and conditions for each vehicle.

On the criticism, you're the one who started it as you seem to know the most
about all the different tuning boxes out there. Being opinionated is one
thing, criticizing every tuning option (offered as an option...not as a
"this is the ultimate fix" solution) is not the correct way to look at
things.

I know you're not running any of the SS (or other) tuning boxes as you're
waiting on testing the new offering to directly reprogram the PCM.

All things aside...sit back, relax, enjoy the conversations, and wait until
the results are final.

- Bernd