Re: Re: Homemade air intakes

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 09:45:22 EDT

>From: "Gary Hedlin" <ghedlin@theramp.net>

>Well, this might sound criminal, but I just put on a honda civic cold air
>intake on my dak. You can buy one for about the price of making one
>yourself. They fit perfectly, even the mounting bracket. The only issue
>is
>the coupling supplied in the kit doesnt quite fit over the air hat inlet,
>but I just threw it in the microwave for 45 seconds, stretched it over and
>let it cool. I would go this route instead of fumbling with PVC... Looks
>lot better too.

You know gary.. I thought of doing that very thing.. The only thing that
stoped me from doing it was the fact that it had a filter that wasn't a
K&N.. I was worried that it wouldn't perform well. And another thing i was
worried about, is the pipe itself and how good it's chromed. I still may do
it. Let me know how it does on your V6 and i may just buy one for my V8. I
need to do something cuz my tranny dipstick is AFU from the stock air hose
hitting it after the body lift.

Later, Hop
97 CC 318 4x4
http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak/dak.html