Re: RE: 4.7 5-speed 3.92LSD MPG?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 10:41:35 EDT

<snip> Cruise control? 1300 miles and I've turned it on once so far. And
>wasn't terribly pleased, it seemed to pull me up about 2MPH just when I
>hit the set/engage button.
>-andy
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>My cruise "hunts around" by 2-4 mph all the time. I don't think I have
ever been able >to set it at XXmph and have it actually stay there...
Stealer said it was "normal"....

Since I have a 46 mile one way ride to work daily, I installed a factory
cruise in my truck over a year ago and it works perfect. I have found that
if I'm accelerating even the slightest bit when I hit the engage/set
button, it will increase speed by about 2 mph. If I let off the gas a
second or so before i set the speed, the cruise stays exactly at the speed
I set it at. After its set, everytime to touch the set button increases
speed by about 2 mph as is stated in the owners manual.

Ray Irons,
Dover, DE