RE: 4.7 5-speed 3.92LSD MPG?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 15:18:44 EDT

I don't know what the original subject was, but I get about 20mph with
mostly highway (~70mph). So far best of 24mpg when I was forced to do
55-60mph up the 101 for 300miles. Worst of about 16mph, including 2 autoX
races and some left over aggression on the way home.

Additionally, I use my cruise all the time, keeps me within the law. I find
it hunts a bit right when I turn it on, then settles in perfect. I get a
slight variation if I hit a grade.

And yes, it's a 5speed 4.7L 3.92LSD. But with 275/65/17in rear tires
(255/55/15 was stock).

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

>Cruise control? 1300 miles and I've turned it on once so far. And I
>wasn't terribly pleased, it seemed to pull me up about 2MPH just when I
>hit the set/engage button.
>- -andy
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>My cruise "hunts around" by 2-4 mph all the time. I don't think I have
ever been able to set it >at XXmph and have it actually stay there...
Stealer said it was "normal"....