Re: roadmaster suspension

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 05:59:43 EDT

<snip> OK, I read all the posts about the sale on the "roadmaster
suspension". I'm
going to order me a set. 2 questions I have is......

1) How long dose it take to install?
2) What tools are needed?

I have jack stands, floor jack, good selection of sockets, Beam torque
wrench and most of the normal hand tools. Have no air tools or easy way to
get any.

1) About 1.5-2 hours (Maybe 2.5-3 if you take beer breaks)
2) The normal selection of hand tools will do the job nicely, Air tools
make it a bit easier but they aren't required. You might need a pair of
vise grips to hold the top of the spring retaaining bolt.

I will advise you to get some good penetrating oil (I prefer Aerokroil) and
spray all the U-bolts and the spring retaining bolt. Also, Read over the
instructions carefully before you start. You can pre-assemble some of the
items in the kit. One tip I can give youis this: the step in the
instructions that say to thread the rod into the spring about an inch or
so, disregard that step. Leave the rod threaded into the spring about where
it is when it arrives in the box. Its pretty close to what you will end up
with when you do the install. If you want more information, you can email
me off list at the above address or at my home addy (rirons@doverde.net)
and I'll give you a phone number you can reach me at. I'll be here at this
addy till about 2:30 East coast time today.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE