Re: Re: Re: Engine mods

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 15:43:48 EDT

<kenallgood@cox.net> wrote in message
news:20030411185258.PMBU8337.lakemtao01.cox.net@smtp.east.cox.net...

> Then, um, what opens the Valves? Last I checked, an overhead cam still
uses rockers (sometimes under different names, but same function), just
don't have to use a pushrod in conjunction with the cam to move the rocker,
instead the rocker sits directly on the cam, that's how it's on my '90 Probe
anyway (SOHC).

Yeah... but I think the rockers are already roller units anyway...

Ideally, he'd do both headers and cam at the same time. Basically, the
theory is BIGGER BETTER!