Re: sign of bad ball joint?

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 21:52:48 EDT

Hi Alex
     I recently had the grease seal "boot" wear a hole in itself on the right
upper A-arm ball jt. Dealer replaced it under my Chrysler extended warranty
and I paid the deductible. (a 2000 w/47k mi) Prior to replacement, my
wheel/suspension felt tight however there was a clunk to be felt in the
steering wheel and heard when making left turns and going over any pavement
irregularity. The klunk sound and feel both disappeared with the replacement
ball jt. If you have a warranty, exercise it

Paul Sahlin