Re: Revisit to "Road Master"

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 09:06:58 EDT

<snip>It appears that Roadmaster designed this setup
<for the most common police vehicle on the highway, the Crown Victoria.
<Seems Ford decided that the Crown Vic should have coil spring rear
<suspension. As far as them making a kit for the front suspension on a coil
<sprung vehicle, I don't know. I'm gonna call Roadmaster this morning and
<ask them what they think. Never know, maybe I can get them to build a
<prototype and give it to me for testing and validation.

Just got off the phone with the folks from Roadmaster. The only CoilPro
they have built so far is the one for the CrownVic. They said if they get
enough interest expressed in building a set up for a specific vehicle they
will consider building it. They also said they would need about a year of
R&D to get a prototype built for testing. Of course I offered my truck to
be the test bed. They said that at this time they haven't got any further
plans for front suspension as that would take even more R&D to determine
the effects not only on handling, but steering considerations and
installation procedures i.e. can it be installed where it won't contact the
tire, brake components, existing steering components, etc. and can it be
installed strictly as a bolt on accessory with no modifications to the
existing vehicle structure. They also said to keep in contact and see what
develops on this. Guess we will have to wait and see. They also said they
had a great response from folks that had seen or heard about what we've
been saying about the Roadmaster here on the DML. Seems like they got a
bunch of orders from our word of mouth.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE