Re: Buying parts for a truck I don't have yet :P

From: Downing, David GS-13 (DowningD@constellation.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 12:36:36 EDT

>Was shipping included in the price of the kit that you just ordered?

The $150 doesn't include shipping, but shipping to Philadelphia was less
then ten bucks, so just under $160 total, still way under the normal price,
just the way I like it :)

>I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your previous posts that you
>were thinking of going to 4x4 and lifting! Now a Viper!

Well, I've always been a 4x4 guy, my last Dak was a '93 4x4 with a 3" lift
and 32" mudders :) And with used Vipers in the $40-50K price range
(hopefully they'll stay that low, we'll see, wish I could jump on one right
now), I figure I might as well go for what I really want. I love my R/T,
they're great trucks and tons of fun, but I think it'll work out better this
way, since I can drive the 4x4 year round and bring out the GTS for the
track and special occasions. Although it'll mean I'll be out of the racing
loop for about a year or so, but it'll be worth it when that V-10 powered
beast is in my garage :)

>Anyone interested in Dave's R/T will not only be getting a great looking
>Dak but also one of the faster ones in near stock form.

Thanks Bob, I hate giving her up, but it'll all work out in the end.

-Dave