Viper Fan Saab temperature switch

From: Bill Nissley (bill@nissley.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 05:24:41 EDT

I got the Saab dual speed thermoswitch installed today. I put it in the
upper radiator hose. I know that it won't work until the thermostat
opens, but I figure that it wouldn't come on any sooner anyway. It seems
like a lot of cars with electric fans before computers had there
thermoswitch mounted in the radiator this is similar to having it in the
hose. Flex-i-fan's controller mounts in the upper hose also.

The switch's thread is 22m x 1.5, the wrench size is 29mm. This is a
picture of what it looks like.
https://www.techtonicstuning.com/images/parts/121.116.jpg

I made up the hose fitting using a nut that I got from a local plumbing
supply I took it to a radiator shop and had them weld it to a piece of 1
1/2 radiator tubing approx 5" long. $2.50 for the nut and $20 for the
pipe and welding and the guy even painted it black for me.

       |_|_|
      XX000XX
      XX000XX
| |
| |

Did a test drive tonight and it seemed to work great. I have all of the
wiring just temporarily installed, and I haven't hooked up the second
speed yet.

Bill