Re: Re: Re: Wheel Spacers?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 19:50:59 EDT

"Bill Day" <billday@joink.com> wrote:

: Well, yeah in that extreme of a case they would not be a good idea,
: especially for a 4x4, especially one that gets used.

: If your just doing it to fit 2" in instead of a foot extra and not going to
: full offset toward the hub, it should not be nearly as "dangerous" however,
: having extras on hand wouldnt be a bad idea either.

: I have never seen a set of spacers used on a 4wd and could never vouch for
: their "problems" but a simple amount while still maintining the wheel under
: the vehicle should not cause significant damage, but there is also the IFS
: setup to look at, undue pressure here could cause extensive damage to cv
: lower control arms and ball joints as you stated.

   I seem to remember reading that Sammies use wheel spacers quite
frequently, but on the other side of the coin, they don't have to
support as much weight as a Dak or a full size (or even a Jeep,
probably...)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'