Re: Re: Wheel Spacers?

From: Bill Day (billday@joink.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 13:32:36 EDT

Well, yeah in that extreme of a case they would not be a good idea,
especially for a 4x4, especially one that gets used.

If your just doing it to fit 2" in instead of a foot extra and not going to
full offset toward the hub, it should not be nearly as "dangerous" however,
having extras on hand wouldnt be a bad idea either.

I have never seen a set of spacers used on a 4wd and could never vouch for
their "problems" but a simple amount while still maintining the wheel under
the vehicle should not cause significant damage, but there is also the IFS
setup to look at, undue pressure here could cause extensive damage to cv
lower control arms and ball joints as you stated.

Bill Day

  7:09am up 109 days, 12:55, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Bob Barker says.. Remember to have Windows spade an neutered
to prevent the spread of malicous crap!
http://counter.li.org #83358 http://linux-sxs.org/
AIM BadManD73
'95 Flame Red CC 4X4 3.9 Magnum AT