RE: My new Dakota!

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 09:33:55 EDT

So what do you guys think the chances are that the 5.9 will be replaced
next year with the 5.7 in the Quad and R/T models. I read in a couple of
places on the net that the 5.9 was going to be in the Durango (already
knew that), the grand Cherokee, and some other vehicles. I would assume
this means the 5.9 is fully phased out next year and the hemi replaces
it. Next year is the last year for the current bodystyle, right?

Even though I had a bad experience with my quad I am seriously thinking
of getting another one. IF they do indeed put the hemi in it then then
year would be the year I would want to get another one. A lot of power
in a bodystyle I love. I will still keep my '96 but I like having
something a little larger to drive. My wife lease (her thing) is up and
she just wants to take my jetta. Sounds like a plan to me.

Jeff Durling