Making progress

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 22:26:38 EDT

Well I got the timing chain installed.... I did not use RTV on the
crank seal or the oil pan rubber seal... I was told not to by a couple
people. So I hope that was right!

I think I did ok with the chain case cover gasket... but its anyones
guess how long it will hold up. I used brake cleaner to get the gasket
surfaces clean - after having scraped every trace of gasket off. Also
used RTV on the oil pan gasket corners.

Right now the cover is setting in place with a couple bolts temporarily
in there. Also got the vibration dampner in place... have not tightened
down the crank bolt yet. Now I have to figure out how to bolt
everything back together again... I wish I took notes as to how it came
apart!

Terrible Tom

************COUNTDOWN 87 DAYS UNTIL M-DAY************

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/