Re: Re: Shelby Dakota

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 04:20:12 EDT

Tony Cellana wrote:

>>I want to get as much power as I can retaining tbi. I understand fully that
>>I am limited with this but I want to keep the tbi. Any ideas? I do plan on
>>rebuilding the engine from top to bottom

One (big) option is to replace the stock premagger 318 with a magnum
engine. Bolt on a nice intake manifold that you cau use the TBI set up
with. I know - - a lot of work for just TBI... but if you are going to
do major work on the 318 - why not do a magnum block swap? You can bolt
better heads on that way and be able to use performance valve train
parts (roller rockers etc). Premagger heads are pretty restrictive
unless you have them worked on by a speed shop. (port, polish, etc)

Was just a though...

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/