Re: good trailer hitch?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 12:47:46 EDT

<snip>i am looking for a good trailer hitch for my 99 V6 dakota. I am only
really >needing it for a bike rack/hitch but might do some light towing in
the next year. I >want something that will look nice and not get all
rusty! any suggestions on brands >and class?

>Tim Althoff

Tim,

Although you say you only want to do some light towing, you never know what
the future holds for you and your family. I would recommend getting a class
III hitch so you can tow anything up the the capability of your truck and
not have to worry about it. I found a decent class III hitch on the web for
under $80 plus shipping. I don't know if that price is applicable for our
trucks or not, you'd have to contact the company and ask. The web site
address is http://www.truckaccessoryusa.com/ When I replace my rear bumper
I may end up with a hitch from these folks. Unless I get a new rear bumper
for my truck from tough country, but that might be just a little overboard
for a 2WD truck.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE