Re: Amplifier dilema

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 15:03:41 EDT

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:03:38 -0400, chogan68@comcast.net (CHRIS HOGAN)
wrote:

>MTX 4244. It's a 4-channel, but it fits perfectly under the seats. In
>fact, I have two...one under each seat! You could use one to power
>front & rear, and stick a mono amp under the other seat if you need 5
>channels.

The size of that amp looks good, but the THD is 0.1%, which is just
about the exact point where THD starts to become audible to the human
ear. For that reason, I probably wouldn't get it.

As to the original poster --
If you're going to get the QCustoms box, there's space for a small
(very small) amp under there. You could go with one of the newer
Class "T" amps (I think Blaupunkt is the only company that makes them)
as an amp for your subwoofer. They are tiny and one would definitely
fit in the extra storage from the QCustoms enclosure.

As for the area under your front seat, you can get a 4-channel amp for
that (the Alpine F240 is much smaller than the 320... the USAcoustics
amps are also very good for the money... I *think* their current 4x65
amp will fit under the front seat. By my measurements it will. I'm
going to buy one soon, but I'm waiting to buy some new front speakers
(separates) at the same time.

-Bill