Re: speakers

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:21:33 EDT

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:54:29 -0400, DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us ("BARRY
OLIVER") wrote:

>` Ok, after wearing out a mouse clicking around crutchfield (so named because your finger will need crutches) I realized I don't know what I think I want exists. I have narrowed my search to two options:
>#1 a 3 piece component system with proper size mid in front (door) and the woofers in the back, in the stock locations. This option seems like I would gain sound quality and [possibly] drop a bit of volume..
>#2 replace all 4 big speakers with matched full-range speakers and buy separate tweeters. This seems like I will gain loudness but sacrifice frequency range compared to #1.
>
>Matched components are a plus because [presumably] the will sound better togeather. Once I decide which way to go, I can start looking at individual speakers...

Decent full-range speakers in the rear, and components in the front is
probably the best way to go.

Right now I've got 4 full-range speakers in the stock locations
(they're whatever the top of the line Pioneer 6 3/4" speaker was 3
years ago). When I finally get around to figuring out where I'm going
to put an amp, etc., I'm going to replace the front speakers with the
6 3/4" Infinity Kappa component system that Crutchfield has. Might
get it somewhere else, depending on price. My truck originally had
the "Premium" infinity system, so I've already got holes in the doors
for the 1" tweeters that come with the Kappas.

-Bill