Re: Amplifier dilema

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 18:24:13 EDT

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:09:10 -0400, 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net
(Droo) wrote:

>Bill Pitz wrote:
>
>>As to the original poster --
>>If you're going to get the QCustoms box, there's space for a small
>>(very small) amp under there. You could go with one of the newer
>>Class "T" amps (I think Blaupunkt is the only company that makes them)
>>as an amp for your subwoofer. They are tiny and one would definitely
>>fit in the extra storage from the QCustoms enclosure.
>>

>I was thinking the same thing. But that space on the passenger side gets
>real short towards the back of the seat. And I also need space to store
>my jumper cables, straps, and maps that I carry with me. Though now that
>I'm thinking about it, I can fit some of those things in the doors. Hrmm.

I picked up a 2x75 Blaupunkt Class T when they first came out just to
see what the hype was about. Once you take off the outside case (all
for looks), the actual amp is not more than about 7" x 5" by 2" ... it
would easily fit in the little area over the jack in the QCustoms box.

I almost bid on the JL Stealthbox that was on ebay over Easter
weekend, but I'm just not ready yet. I think it ended up selling for
under $200... damn good deal.

-Bill