Re: Armrest: The saga continues!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 21:01:15 EDT

Droo <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net> wrote:

: Here's some more. Does any of this make any sense to you guys?

  Sure - auto makers do this all the time. At some point during the
year, they stopped using the armrest with the storage compartment in
it. So, 2003 Daks produced earlier in the year will have the
compartment, 2003 Daks produced later in the year won't have it.

    I don't know if there is anything you can do about it at this point
(I'm not sure if you have any legal ground to stand on or not) but I
would suggest explaining to the dealer how important the console was
to you and seeing if they will swap out a console (or the entire set
of seats) from one of the Daks on their lot. If they won't do that,
you still might be able to get Chrysler to send them the console and/or
seats to do it (or send buckets to swap out for your bench if there
are no more storage consoles available).

  If it is important to you, basically you should start at the dealer
where you bought the truck and see if they can make things right. If
not, keep going up the line to the district/regional manager, etc. The
squeaky wheel gets the grease (or the storage compartment, in this
case) ;-) so if you are persistant (without being unpleasant) you may
be able to arrive at an acceptable solution.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'