Re: Armrest: The saga continues!

From: Droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 21:36:40 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I don't know if there is anything you can do about it at this point
>(I'm not sure if you have any legal ground to stand on or not) but I
>would suggest explaining to the dealer how important the console was
>to you and seeing if they will swap out a console (or the entire set
>of seats) from one of the Daks on their lot. If they won't do that,
>you still might be able to get Chrysler to send them the console and/or
>seats to do it (or send buckets to swap out for your bench if there
>are no more storage consoles available).
>
> If it is important to you, basically you should start at the dealer
>where you bought the truck and see if they can make things right. If
>not, keep going up the line to the district/regional manager, etc. The
>squeaky wheel gets the grease (or the storage compartment, in this
>case) ;-) so if you are persistant (without being unpleasant) you may
>be able to arrive at an acceptable solution.

I agree. And I did start at my dealer. I figured I'd get two stories by
emailing Dodge myself. But apperently that's all inked and whebn my
salesman called, they said they were already in concatc with me. :( I
see no reason why they shouldn't be able to just ship that part out. I
would assume they make them as replacments. But I have no idea. I hope
the dealer will accomadate me and swap one out on the lot. But I don't
have high hopes for that. Maybe I just have that kind of confidence in
the dealer. They already have my money. And I'm holding back on the
unpleasantness. That doesn't get you anywhere. Learned that in a college
business course. :P

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

"Remember: No one has the right to touch you in your bathing suit area." -Jack