RE: Re: New Best Time on the V6

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 22:17:59 EDT

I'm putting out the rear wheels at what the engine was rated at the
crank (factory). Factory 175/230 was at the crank, not the rear wheels.
RWHP is right about 130-140 from the factory (driveline depending).

Keith Black Pistons, CompCams Custom grind (sold via KRC), custom
Headwork (mild porting and bowl cleanup), APS 50mm TB, JBA Headers,
Crower Lifters, custom length pushrods, 1.7:1 Crane Rockers, custom PCM
flash (ASE Chips), Fuel Controller (APEXi SAFC-II), custom 3" exhaust
w/2.25" y-pipe and MagnaFlow "TurboXL" muffler, and 3.90:1 gears (DANA
Heavy Duty Unit).

Engine was put together with ARP studs and bolts (main and heads).
Clutch used to be a Centerforce-II but needed one quickly after last
year - went with BW "Brute Force" for now. Transmission is stock AX-15.

- Bernd