Re: RE: So...how much can I stick in the bed?

From: Darren Asuncion (fsdaa1@uaf.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 01:34:46 EDT

I've had up around 1700lbs of dirt in the back of my truck, it was riding
with the nose sticking up, but I still had a couple inches or so before
bottoming out on the bump stops in the rear. I dont think I would have
wanted to put much more than that in the bed, I'd really hate to ruin the
leaf springs... But here's a couple links to pics of the truck's most
common hauling-towing duties during the summer:
http://asuaf.org/~fsdaa1/Dakota/images/daktoy3_jpg.jpg
http://asuaf.org/~fsdaa1/Dakota/images/daktoy4_JPG.jpg

And here's a pic of it hauling my winter toy around:
http://asuaf.org/~fsdaa1/Dakota/images/daktoy2_JPG.jpg

The Dak is definitely a great truck for hauling and towing, better than some
other trucks I've had in the past! I just wish they made the QC with the
6.5' bed...

Anyway enjoy the pics! :)

Darren Asuncion
'99 Intense Blue 4x4 Sport+, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 LSD 8.25", 4WABS
http://www.as.uaf.edu/~fsdaa1