Re: good trailer hitch?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 05:57:19 EDT

According to mopar.com, a new accessory hitch is $159. I was thinking
somewhere in the $50 range, negotiable. I don't have the mounting
hardware any more, and any potential buyer would have to do their own
wiring. It's in pretty good condition, but it was on the truck for almost
three years.

<snip>However, I saw where you said you can get a new class III hitch for
$80.
>If that's the case, you might not be willing to pay $50 for a used Mopar
>hitch. Keep in mind that you know the Mopar hitch is a good quality, well
>constructed hitch that fits the truck perfectly with no drilling. I'm not
>looking to maximize my profit, all I want is a fair price and to get it
>out of Jon's way in his barn :-).
>
>I should offer it to Tim first, since he was the original poster. If he's
>not interested, it'll still be for sale. I guess you'd be second in line
>if you wanted it.

That's a really decent price Jason. I agree that since Tim posted first he
should have dibs on it. If he isn't interested than I appreciate being
second in line. Yes I can probably get a class III hitch from Quality S for
$80, but then I'd have to pay shipping and do the install and probably have
to drill a hole or two in the frame to get it secured. At least with the
Mopar hitch, and it being from the same year truck, I know it will fit
perfectly with no major work. Getting the necessary hardware is no problem,
just a quick trip to my local trailer supply store. As for the wiring, I
already have the flat four kit installed that I need for my boat. Besides,
if Tim decides he doesn't want it, and I get it, it will give me an extra
good reason to find the money and time to go to the DML BBQ :)

Thanks again and time will tell who gets it.

Ray Irons,
Dover, DE