Re: 0545 Code??

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 06:21:54 EDT

Hey Gary,

I went to the OBD-II web site (http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp) and punched
in that code. The code 0420 says :

Catalyst 1/1 efficiency below required level

As far as the code 0545, I tried the prefix for chassis, body, powertrain
and network. OBD-II says there is no such code for D/C vehicles.

Can you maybe get another A/Z tech to check the codes again and make sure
they gave you the right one?

I went to A/Z to get a code read last summer and even though they pulled up
the code, they said they couldn't tell me what is meant. The OBD-II web
site confirmed my suspicions and told me exactly what the code meant. I
ended up replacing the IAC solenoid, problem solved and no more codes. Even
if the check engine light has gone out, the code should be stored in the
computer, unless you've recently reset the PCM. Let us know what you come
up with.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE