Re: Issue With 2000 CC 4.7 4X4

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 22:44:04 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/2003 7:27:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tkoth@cox.net
writes:

> A few years ago when I first joined the DML it was posted that you could
> pull codes from the Gen-3's by holding down the trip odometer reset button
> while turning on the ignition. This does send my truck through a self test
>
> sequence but has never flashed any codes for me. Is there another way to
> get
> codes from this thing without a scanner?

On my '01, I get the codes by turning the key on and off 3 times, then the
codes start coming up on the odometer, always ending up with a "P done"

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
Sometime This Millenium!!