RE: Issue With 2000 CC 4.7 4X4

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 00:05:51 EDT

Meaning a day or two later the light goes off when I get in to go somewhere.
Anyone have any ideas here?

I don't know what's causing your problem but the 3 trip thing with the light
is normal. If the problem doesn't re-occur during 3 consecutive trips, the
code will be erased and the light will go off.

> A few years ago when I first joined the DML it was posted that you could
> pull codes from the Gen-3's by holding down the trip odometer reset button
> while turning on the ignition. This does send my truck through a self test
> sequence but has never flashed any codes for me. Is there another
> way to get codes from this thing without a scanner? > Thanks,> Tim

Try turning the ignition key on-off-on-off-on and then watch the odometer
for any codes.

Hope this helps a little.

RayB