Re: Walker Evans Dak spotting

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 18:10:22 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> It wasn't an official package offered on the assembly line per-se,
> but it was a kit which could be purchased and installed by the dealership.
> It had a "Baha" racing theme, which included new tube style bumpers, a
> tailgate net, rollbar, a spare tire carrier that mounted in the bed,
> and probably some other stuff too. Of course, Walker Evans is a famous
> Baha racer, though I don't know too much about how he was related to Dodge.
> Must have been a sponsored racer. I think Dodge did something similar
> with the Rams around the same time period - a "Rod Hall" edition, I
> think it was?

Now that someone else took the first step so to speak - I will also
admit to not having heard of Walker Evans... I looke dhim up and came
across his web site - pretty impressive race bacgroudn for sure. And no
he seems to be a Chevy guy himself. His race willing truck was a Chevy,
and his new rock crawling truck is a Chevy as well (S-10 front clip)
that will be out in Petersons next issue - may already be on stands now.
  A sneak peak independant suspension that is supposed to move the
wheels staright up and down on the control arms as opposed to in an arc
as traditional set ups have used.

Terrible Tom

************COUNTDOWN (75) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY************

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/