3.9L to 5.2L Swap

From: Joe Lenceski (hyperbole47@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 05:33:56 EDT

Should I attempt this? My crappy 3.9L has no power. How much time and money
do I need to invest? Will my stock 5-speed bolt up to the engine? Will the
new engine even fit without massive modifications? Is the swap even worth
doing? It's a 1987 Dakota, 5 speed manual, 3.9L with the 8' bed, it has
under 96000 original miles and no body damage or rust. This truck is worth
keeping. I'm new to the list and need advice. Thank You